Chapel shirts are worn on Wednesdays
and are available to purchase
through the school office
during the year!
St. Andrews Lutheran School maintains a quality of dress that complements our general school and
academic standards. Students dress in clothing appropriate for a Christian school—neat and clean,
in good taste, not distracting from learning, congruent with a Christian learning environment.
On Chapel days, (usually Wednesdays), students will wear a St. Andrews polo shirt with
appropriate skirt (dark or khaki), dark or khaki pants, or dark or khaki shorts during the
appropriate season (April 1 – October 31).
- Shorts and skirts must be mid-thigh length
- Jeans, leggings, jeggings or sweatpants are not acceptable Chapel attire.
School Days: Students are covered from shoulder to at least fingertip length when standing (for
shorts and skirts)
- Skirt, shirt or top must reach mid-thigh when wearing leggings, jeggings or spandex style
- Shorts may be worn from April 1 through October 31.
- Shorts must be mid-thigh length
- Jeans (without holes) may be worn on non-chapel days.
Field Trips: when representing the school, field trip attire will be determined and directed by the
The following are not permitted
Anything incongruent with a Christian learning environment including:
- Tank tops
- Strapless tops
- T-shirts with distasteful pictures, emblems, slogans, or bands
- Pajama pants
- Writing on the rear of any pant is not acceptable.
- Regular indoor-type shoes with an open front and back are not to be worn in the building.
- Shoes or boots which leave marks on the classroom or hallway floors.
- For safety reasons, no flip flops, Croc-style rubber shoes, slippers, or platform shoes may be
- Outdoor/Weather boots may not be worn indoors during the school day.
- Hats and/or jackets are not to be worn in the classroom.
- Baseball hats or kerchiefs are not to be worn inside the school building.
- Visible temporary tattoos are not allowed.
- Wearing distracting items such as make-up, glitter, colored hair, and any other disruptive headcoverings.
- Shoes that have a covered heel and toe- ex: tennis/gym shoe, flat, etc.
Students deemed by any staff member to violate these guidelines will be required to secure acceptable
clothing from home. In areas of concern regarding attire, the decision of the Principal or his/her
designee is final.
∙ Special/Spirit Days are included in the St. Andrews calendar to promote school spirit and focus
on positive themes throughout the year. The following guidelines will apply:
∙ On special days, designated attire is allowed. All other dress code policies still apply. ∙
Students will show respect for the learning environment.
∙ Special days are intended to help build Christian character.
∙ Students not wishing to participate in the appointed theme for the day mush follow the established
∙ Special days are a privilege and can thus be retracted.