Board of Christian Day School
The Board of Christian Day School (BCDS) is directly responsible for all school educational activities at St. Andrews. The BCDS is also responsible for all matters relating, directly or indirectly, to these activities:
- Provide learning opportunities for all age levels of the day school: early childhood, primary, intermediate and middle school.
- Approve selection of curricula, proper teaching of texts, and other educational materials so that objectives for the day school can be achieved. The curriculum shall be Christian, comprehensive, balanced, and functional.
- Give attention to enrollment, attendance of pupils, and expansion of programs.
- Coordinate the school budget and establish tuition/registration.
- Secure and maintain the proper administration and teaching staff pursuant to the current needs of the day school.
The Board of Christian Day School is made up of nine congregational members (voting) and two non-congregational members (non-voting). The St. Andrews Principal, Pastor and Director of Christian Education all serve as advisory members of the BCDS.
***The BCDS meets the second Tuesday of every month. Meetings are open to both school families and church members (with the exception of confidential portions of our agenda).